Call for a new Editor in Chief of the Young Academics booklet series Conversations in Planning
|We are happy to announce the call for a new Editor in Chief of our Young Academics booklet series Conversations in Planning. The YA Coordination Team is seeking to appoint a new EiC starting July 15th, 2020 for a duration of 2 years.
Conversations in Planning is a booklet series managed by the Young Academic Network. Its open access e-publications are outcomes of collaborative efforts between young academics and more established scholars. The booklet series thus serve multiple purposes:
1. The series initiates discussions relevant to the discipline.
2. The booklets are published on AESOP’s digital platform, which facilitates the dissemination of the publications to a global audience as they are freely accessible for all; http://www.aesop-planning.eu/en_GB/booklet-series
3. Through the collaborative efforts of YAs and established scholars the goal is to push the debates further. This platform thus gives young academics the chance to develop their intellectual and academic skills through interaction with established academics and/or practitioners.
Conversations in Planning welcomes contributions from members of the young academic network: early-stage researchers, students, activists, practitioners. It encourages YA’s to kick-start their academic/professional careers by providing a platform for booklet publications. Conversations in Planning started in 2013 and has an editorial committee consisting of 3 members in addition to the Editor in Chief. Currently the publications of the booklet in collaboration with Larry Susskind and a special issue on the Global South are underway, being concluded by the current Editor in Chief.
Your responsibility as Editor in Chief will include:
● planning and developing (with the support of other members of the Editorial Board) special calls for contributions,
● managing the review and publication process of the booklets and making sure that contributions do not violate international standards of law, scientific practice and ethics,
● coordinating between the Conversations in Planning’s editorial board and the YA Coordination team
● the administration of Conversations in Planning information on both the YA and AESOP websites
● provide the YA Coordination Team with regular activity and financial reports
● prepare funding requests, to be approved by the YA Coordination Team and submitted to the AESOP Council of Representatives
Your work will be supported by additional supporting editors (currently Dr. Verena Peer, Dr. Chiara Belingardi, and Dr. Giusy Pappalardo) as well as previous Editor in Chief who will be taking up the role of Senior Advisor for the first year. Future supporting members of the editorial board will be appointed by the Editor in Chief in collaboration with the YA Coordination Team.
The YA Coordination Team wants to express its gratitude to the former Editor in Chief of the booklet series Dr. Chandrima Mukhopadhyay for all the time and efforts you have invested into the booklet series.
Please apply before July 8th, 2020 by emailing your CV and a short statement of motivation to email@example.com . Preference will be given to candidates, who have been involved in YA activities in recent years and/or have previous experience in managing and/or editing academic publications.