Call for Editor in Chief of YA Blog
- August 29, 2017
- Call; Editor; Blog
We are happy to announce your opportunity to become the editor in chief of our Young Academics blog. The YA Coordination Team is seeking to appoint a new editor starting 1 November 2017 for a duration of 2 years. Please apply until 30 September by e-mailing your documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. We kindly ask you for providing a CV and a letter of motivation. Preference will be given to candidates, who have been involved in YA activities in recent years and/or have previous experience in managing and/or writing a blog.
The YA blog welcomes contributions from members of the network and people interested in planning and research in the broader sense: early-stage researchers, students, activists, practitioners. This is a “quasi-academic” tool, a place for exchange of “ideas”: information about events of relevance both for members and non-members; dissemination of “best practices”; debate on planning/urban/environmental issues of interest for the general public. We have currently five regular contributors, and 25 irregularly writing guest authors.
Your responsibility as editor in chief will be
- ensuring regular activity on our blog (~ two post per month) by encouraging previous authors to contribute again and recruiting new regular and guest contributors,
- planning and developing with the other members of the editorial board special calls for posts and publication projects,
- managing the review and publication process of the blog posts and making sure that contributions do not violate international standards of law, scientific practice and ethics,
- coordinating between the blog’s editorial board and the YA Coordination team and
- the administration of the blog’s website https://aesopyoungacademics.wordpress.com/.